• Hyundai celebrates its partnership with Stand Up To Cancer with a charmingly frugal TV advert made by Innocean UK and Snapper films.
• Both INNOCEAN UK & SNAPPER waived fees, and everything was deliberately done on a shoestring budget, so that Hyundai could further contribute to its ongoing fundraising target.
• This sentiment became the idea and message behind the TV spot along with paying homage to Hyundai’s fundraisers.
• The TV spot was conceived by Creative Director Dominic Sweeney & directed by Luke Roulstone through Snapper films.
• Exclusive single airing of the 60” TVC on Channel 4 Live Stand Up To Cancer show on Friday the 26th of October and will also be used for social media.
INNOCEAN UK created a one-off TV advert for Hyundai to celebrate its partnership with Stand Up To Cancer - the joint national fundraising campaign from Cancer Research UK and Channel 4. Hyundai did not feel that it was appropriate to use a standard product advertisement during Stand Up To Cancer’s live show, so they issued a simple yet challenging brief to create something that specifically showcased its partnership with Stand Up To Cancer and said ‘thank you’ to the people who had helped to raise funds.
INNOCEAN UK responded with the idea of making a deliberately ‘cheap’ advert using people holding up placards which conveyed the message to all those that have helped the company to raise over £235,000 for the charity. The aim was to illustrate that the money to create the usual glossy ad could be far better spent elsewhere. Everything was stripped back, with agency and Hyundai team members all chipping in during pre-production, along with some street casting when it came to filming. Mixed media specialist Director Luke Roulstone even shot in Hi-8 film to further add to the aesthetic.
Dominic Sweeney, Creative Director at INNOCEAN UK, said: “This was a great brief from Hyundai to work on. The passion and energy from all involved helped us land a message that has a true air of class about it.”
Creative Agency: Innocean UK
Creative Director: Dominic Sweeney
Creatives: Fenton Saward, Gaz Hunt-Sutherland, Adina Cioceanu
Account Team: Tim Manners, Malvina Nicolaou
Agency Producer: Alex Taylor
Post Production: Innocean UK
Agency Editor: Anabel Gonzalez
Production Company: Snapper Films
Director: Luke Roulstone
Executive Producer: Helen Hadfield
Producers: Jessica Turner, Rosie Pike